Saturday, February 6, 2010

Rock & A Hard Place

Have you ever felt like you were stuck between a rock and a hard place, literally? To me that rock is my weight and that hard place is my family. I have struggled with my weight for a very long time. I have also been constantly picked on by some of my family. I have always felt out of place. My parents were in the military and they are what I would consider "health nuts", my sister is scared of being a plus size model, and my brother ... he is just a growing teen lol. Having hips and a busty chest is a blessing to me and I don't wanna change but there is a difference between being plus size and healthy then being plus size and sloppy & I feel like I"m crossing that line.

Today I am stepping up and starting a new path. I'm not saying i will have my High School basketball playing body back but I would like to be healthy so I may chase and play with my daughter or walk up a flight of stairs without being winded.

As of right now I am 5'8 311lbs with a BMI over 40 and this change is for myself because I want this. If Queen Latifah, Opera, and Monique can do it, why can't I?

-NJ

1 comment:

  1. I feel you. I'm going to get the weight thing in movement in a week or two. This weight has GOT TO GO!

    ReplyDelete